Friday, January 1, 2010

Breaking point

It's amazing what a little sleep will do for a soul.

The lack of a good night of rest was weighing on me. Usually I can handle what my little guy throws at me.. but this was different. He's a restless sleeper, up every couple hours and needing me to comfort him back to sleep. Having to wake up in two or so hour intervals makes for a lack of real sleep on my part. He had a bad night. Therefore I had a bad night. The day was a difficult one with few solid naps from the boy. Only a small nap by me. It was New Years Eve. I stayed up but realized as it neared midnight that I was at the end of my rope. It was all adding up and I had a hard time handling it. As I finally laid in bed that night all I could do was cry from exhaustion. I was angry at everyone. I was frustrated with my son and with myself. The night wasn't much better then the night before and I felt it in the morning. Then my boy went down for a morning nap. So I did too. He then went down for one in the afternoon. Me too.

Rest, much needed rest. My foggy mind is a little less shrouded in clouds now. My eyes are able to keep their lids up. My emotions aren't in a constant state of turmoil. Rest. Much needed rest.

No comments: